Program summary: Iran IRINN TV economic news, Jan. 23
The following is a numbered list of news on latest economic developments in the Islamic Republic of Iran, as of 12:00 GMT, Jan. 23, on IRINN TV.
1. 12:02 GMT – Government Spokesperson Mohammadbaqer Nowbakht has said that the administration is against any decision on increasing the value of foreign currencies against the national currency.
2. 12:05 GMT – The value of imports of mobile phones into the country over the first nine months of the fiscal 2017/18 amounted to $278 million.
3. 12:06 GMT –Deputy Energy Minister Homayoun Haeri has said that the country annually adds about 3,000-4,000 megawatts to the power generation capacity.
4. 12:09 GMT – Report on the rate of foreign currencies on the Iranian market. Euro was traded at 56,316 rials on the free market. The official rate of USD was 36,670 rials and it was traded at 45,422 rials on the free market.
5. 12:09 GMT – Report on the prices of gold on the Iranian market. Gold coin was traded at 15,180,000 rials (about $334.19 according to the currency rate on the free market). One gram of the 18-karat gold was priced at 1,441,000 rials (about $31.7).
6. 12:10 GMT – The main index of the Tehran Stock Exchange reached 98,224 points.
7. 12:11 GMT – Report on the prices of Iran-made cars.
9. 12:11 GMT – An exhibition on real estate was held in Tehran.
10. 12:12 GMT – An exhibition on oil and energy was held in the southern island of Kish.
Source: State-owned news channel IRINN, Tehran, in Persian
For transcription and video from the news program please contact us at[email protected]