Iran concludes major deal to construct new freeways
Tehran, Iran, March 10
By Kamyar Eghbalnejad – Trend:
Construction and Development of Transportation Infrastructures Company of Iran has concluded a deal worth of $714.2 million with the representatives of the private sector of the country to construct 439 kilometer-long of freeways.
“The construction would cost about 25 trillion rials ($714.2 at official rate). The private sector will provide about 70 percent of the required fund and government will finance the remaining 30 percent,” Iranian Minister of Roads and Urban Development Abbas Akhoundi told reporters on the sidelines of the ceremony for inking the deal on March 10.
Under the agreement, the private sector is expected to contribute to the construction of six freeways across the country.
The latest data released by Iran’s Road Maintenance and Transportation Organization (RMTO), shows that over 8.507 million tons of various goods were transited through Iran by 413,955 trucks in the first 11 months of the current Iranian fiscal year (March 20, Feb. 20, 2018).