Iran denies having military advisors in Yemen
Tehran, Iran, July 4
By Mehdi Sepahvand - Trend:
Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdullahian has denied that Iranian military advisors have been sent to Yemen, ISNA news agency reported July 4.
Abdollahian said that the only Iranian entity that is officially active in Yemen is the Iranian Embassy in Sana'a.
Abdollahian statement came as a response to the claims of Al-Arabia TV channel, which said Iran has sent its military men to the war-torn Yemen.
Meanwhile, the Saudi-owned pan-Arab television news channel had claimed that a number of Iranian military experts had been recently killed in Yemen.
A Saudi Arabia-led coalition has started military operation in Yemen last March to oust the Iranian-backed Shiite Houthi rebels, who have taken most of the country and forced President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi to flee to Riyadh.
Saudi Arabia accuses the Islamic Republic of providing military support to the Yemeni Shiite rebels, something that Tehran denies.