No new decision on talks with US: Mottaki
(IRNA) - Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki here on Tuesday said Tehran has not yet made any new decision on negotiations with Washington, reports Trend.
He made the remark at a joint press conference with his Palestinian counterpart Mahmoud al-Zahar.
"We have no request for talks with the US," he said adding that the request had been previously made by US officials and when Iraqi authorities accepted the talks and called on Iran to sit at the negotiating table with the US, the Islamic Republic of Iran decided to hold talks in order to help the Iraqi nation and settle problems in the war-torn country.
The negotiation was put off due to the US propaganda misuse, Mottaki added.
Asked why Iran has announced that if Washington makes an official request Tehran will study the case, he said, "Reviewing is different from giving a positive answer."
"We review any proposal in various fields of foreign relations in the Foreign Ministry, but it does not necessarily mean giving a positive response," Mottaki told reporters.