Azerbaijan, Baku, May 26 / Trend /
Today Baku hosts the Grand Final of the Eurovision Song Contest 2012. The opening of the final took off with big fireworks.
Below are the 26 representatives of their countries that compete in the Grand Final of the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest:
1. United Kingdom - Engelbert Humperdinck - Love Will Set You Free
2. Hungary - Compact Disco - Sound Of Our Hearts
3. Albania - Rona NIshliu - Suus
4. Lithuania - Donny Montell - Love Is Blind
5. Bosnia & Herzegovina - Maya Sar - Korake Ti Znam
6. Russia - Buranovskiye Babushki - Party For Everybody
7. Iceland - Greta Salóme & Jónsi - Never Forget
8. Cyprus - Ivi Adamou - La La Love
9. France - Anggun - Echo (You And I)
10. Italy - Nina Zilli - L'Amore È Femmina (Out Of Love)
11. Estonia - Ott Lepland - Kuula
12. Norway - Tooji - Stay
13. Azerbaijan - Sabina Babayeva - When The Music Dies
14. Romania - Mandinga - Zaleilah
15. Denmark - Soluna Samay - Shoud've Known Better
16. Greece - Eleftheria Eleftheriou - Aphrodisiac
17. Sweden - Loreen - Euphoria
18. Turkey - Can Bonomo - Love Me Back
19. Spain - Pastora Soler - Quédate Conmigo (Stay With Me)
20. Germany - Roman Lob - Standing Still
21. Malta - Kurt Calleja - This Is The Night
22. F.Y.R. Macedonia - Kaliopi - Crno I Belo
23. Ireland - Jedward - Waterline
24. Serbia - Željko Joksimović - Nije Ljubav Stvar
25. Ukraine - Gaitana - Be My Guest
26. Moldova - Pasha Parfeny - Lăutar
Starting right after the last representatives of countries have finished performing, viewers in all participating countries can start voting by making a phone call and/or sending an SMS for their favorite song(s). A viewer is allowed to vote up to 20 times, but cannot however vote for his/her own country.
Based on the amount of votes by phone and/or SMS, televoters in each country then give 12 points to the most popular entry, 10 points to the second most popular, then 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 points.
Professional juries in all respective countries vote as well. Just like the televoters, each jury in each country then gives 12 points to the most popular entry, 10 points to the second most popular, then 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 points
The televoting results and the jury results are then merged per country. Each result counts for 50 percent.
Spokespersons in all participating countries will read out the merged results, giving 12 points to the most popular entry, 10 points to the second most popular, then 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 points.
The country with the highest number of points wins the 57th Eurovision Song Contest.
The television audience of Eurovision 2012 is more than 100 million people in 50 world countries. The contest is being broadcasted in 46 countries of the world.
Do you have any feedback? Contact our journalist at email@example.com