Prince of Monaco recovers from coronavirus
Prince Albert II of Monaco has successfully recovered from coronavirus after testing positive a few weeks ago and is ready to reunite with his family, the Royal Palace of Monaco said in a statement issued on Tuesday, Trend reports citing Reuters.
The palace underlined that doctors who have been monitoring the Prince’s health since his coronavirus test results came back positive said that he could stop self-isolating. "The Sovereign Prince is declared cured and in good health," the statement says.
The palace also clarified that Albert II will soon reunite with his family but, at the same time, will keep up the self-isolation measures in close contact with the government and his advisors.
The news that the Prince of Monaco tested positive for the virus broke out on March 19, less than two weeks ago. Official reports, however, stressed that his condition is not concerning for doctors and he would continue carrying out his duties.
As of Monday, Monaco had 49 confirmed coronavirus cases, one patient is said to have recovered. No fatalities were reported.
In late December 2019, Chinese authorities notified the World Health Organization (WHO) about the outbreak of a previously unknown pneumonia in the city of Wuhan, in central China. Since then, cases of the novel coronavirus — named COVID-19 by the WHO — have been reported in more than 160 countries.
On March 11, 2020, the WHO declared the coronavirus outbreak a pandemic. To date, more than 786,600 people have been infected worldwide and over 37,800 have died, while more than 165,800 have recovered.