Six new suspects in Reyhanlı attack taken to court
An investigation has been launched by the Hatay Public Prosecutor's Office against "public servants who committed negligence before and after the Reyhanlı attacks" on May 11, which killed 52 people. Also six new suspects in the Reyhanlı bombings case were taken to the Adana courthouse yesterday, Interior Minister Muammer Guler said, adding that three or four of them are "prime suspects" in the bombings, Hurriyet Daily News reported.
Guler said seven suspects had been arrested out of 12 detainees in the first operation against the suspected perpetrators. "Then another group of men was detained since we determined that they were absolutely prime perpetrators of the incident. These are six people and three or four of them are prime perpetrators," Guler said.
Meanwhile Reyhanlı district Gov. Yusuf Guler said some 3,824,806 Turkish Liras had been donated to some 1,338 people whose houses and cars were damaged in Reyhanlı.
Hatay's district mayors yesterday paid a visit to Reyhanlı, where they condemned the attacks that killed 52 people on May 11.
Hatay is an ancient city that hosts different sects, ethnicities and three monotheistic religions, has lived in peace for centuries and it will stay as it is, said Antakya Mayor Lutfu Savash in the name of the group.
On May 11 twin car bomb attacks killed 52 civilians, five of them Syrian national refugees, in an attack in the town of Reyhanlı near the border with Syria.