Ademi Kaliyakbarova is a student from Kazakhstan. She is one of 11 students who study at Baku Higher Oil School (BHOS) within the Exchange Program between the BHOS and the Kazakh-British Technical University. Ademi is in the 5th year at the Petroleum Engineering Department. Her hobbies are swimming and table tennis.
Below is an interview with our student from Kazakhstan, in which she talks about the reasons that prompted her to choose Baku Higher Oil School and shares her impressions of this university.
- Why did you choose to study at Baku Higher Oil School?
- Baku Higher Oil School is one of the most prestigious universities, which many young people want to enter. This university opens up many opportunities for its graduates. Another reason why I chose Baku Higher Oil School is the environment formed at this university, the valuable knowledge and skills acquired by BHOS students, and the extensive experience of the faculty. And finally, I love Baku very much. It is a beautiful city with kind and open people.
- What did you initially know about Baku Higher Oil School?
- I have friends in Kazakhstan, who studied here. During our conversations, they talked about the BHOS. I liked their opinions about this university and I decided to choose it for my studies. They said that Baku Higher Oil School offers the best education for young people and that excellent conditions have been created at the university for students to do sports and self-develop. I was very inspired by these conversations.
- You have been studying at Baku Higher Oil School for several months. Did the university environment live up to your expectations?
- I really like the learning environment at BHOS and I am very happy to be here. I really like the teaching staff of Baku Higher Oil School and the conditions created here for students. There is a swimming pool and a table tennis gym here: I love these sports very much. The university also has stadiums, courts and gyms for football, tennis, volleyball and other sports. BHOS teachers and students are very considerate people who are always ready to help me. Here I feel as comfortable and calm as in my homeland. I would like to thank the entire staff of Baku Higher Oil School for these conditions, especially Rector Elmar Gasimov for his hospitality and care. I also want to express my gratitude to the teacher Peter for teaching me the secrets of swimming and the professors for the valuable knowledge they give me.