US does not believe media reports about blast at Iranian enrichment plant
The United States does not believe media reports about an explosion at an Iranian uranium enrichment plant, White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters on Monday, Reuters reported.
The reports had said there had been an explosion early last week at the underground Fordow bunker near the holy Iranian city of Qom.
"We have no information to confirm the allegations in the report and we do not believe the report is credible," Carney said. "We don't believe those are credible reports."
Earlier Deputy Head of Iran's Atomic Energy Organization (AEOI) Seyyed Shamseddin Barbroudi has categorically rejected Western media reports of an explosion at the country's Fordo nuclear facility, Press TV reported.
Barbroudi on Monday dismissed the reports as "sheer lies," reiterating that there has been no explosion at the facility.