Iranian Foreign ministry condemns Beirut bomb attacks
Baku, Azerbaijan, Nov. 19
By Saeed Isayev, Umid Niayesh - Trend: Iran condemns the terror attacks in Beirut, country's foreign ministry's spokeswoman Marziyeh Afkham said during an interview with IRINN TV network.
She went on to note that Iran condemns all kinds of terror attacks in the region, adding that such attacks will never break the security of Lebanon.
Speaking about Iranian diplomat, who has been reported dead previously, Afkham said that he is alive, but he's heavily injured, citing hospital sources.
Islamic Cultural and Relations organization released news that the injured cultural attache of Iranian embassy in Beirut, Ebrahim Ansari, is under doctors' care, and so far there is hope for recovery. He is under medical care in Beirut's Al-Rasoul Al-Azam hospital.
ISNA news agency reported that the number of injured people has increased to 150. The number of people dead in the blasts remains the same at 23, according to reports.
The explosion took place in an area in the south of Beirut, which is mainly controlled by the Iran-backed Shiite movement Hezbollah.