Program summary: Iran IRINN TV economic news, Sept. 28
The following is a numbered list of news on latest economic developments in the Islamic Republic of Iran, as of 12:00 GMT, Sept. 28, on IRINN TV.
1. 12:03 GMT – Iran received two new ATR 72-600 planes, increasing the number of the country’s new ATRs to six. (Report includes the remarks by the head of IranAir, Farzaneh Sharafbafi, at aircraft delivery ceremony).
2. 12:04 GMT – The French giant Total is preparing to conclude a $10 billion investment agreement to develop Iran’s petrochemical industry. (Report includes an interview with Movaied Hossaini Sadr, an advisor to Iranian Oil Minister Bijan Namdar Zanganeh).
3. 12:05 GMT – Iran will allocate loans with low interest rates to villagers to create new job opportunities. (Report includes a detailed interview).
4. 12:06 GMT – Report on the prices of gold in the Iranian market. Gold coin was traded at 12,471,000 rials (about $318.7 according to the currency rate in free market) on Thursday. One gram of the 18-karat gold was priced at 1,212,000 rials (about $30.9).
5. 12:07 GMT – Report on the rate of foreign currencies in the Iranian market. Euro valued 46,389 rials in the free market dropping 46 rials compared to the preceding day. The US dollar gained 53 rials to stand at 39,074 rials.
6. 12:08 GMT – Iranian farmers in the northwestern province of Qazvin have started harvesting olives. Officials forecast that the output would reach 20,000 tons this year. (Video shows farms).
7. 12:10 GMT – Investors form Denmark and Poland have reached five agreements with Iran to build power plants in the southern province of Khouzestsan.
Source: State-owned news channel IRINN, Tehran, in Persian
For transcription and video from the news program please contact us at [email protected]