Program summary: Iran IRINN TV economic news, Nov. 22
The following is a numbered list of news on latest economic developments in the Islamic Republic of Iran, as of 12:00 GMT, Nov. 22, on IRINN TV.
1. 12:03 GMT – Central Bank of Iran has decided to block dormant banking accounts.
2. 12:05 GMT – The housing fund of Iran will start granting those affected with a recent earthquake in Kermanshah province with loans and grants over the current week.
3. 12:06 GMT – Farmers in Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad Province have started harvesting olives.
4. 12:08 GMT – Report on the prices of gold in the Iranian market. Gold coin was traded at 14,315,000 rials (about $349 according to the currency rate in free market) on Wednesday. One gram of the 18-karat gold was priced at 1,268,000 rials (about $30.9).
5. 12:09 GMT – Report on the rate of foreign currencies in the Iranian market. Euro valued at 48,347 rials in the free market. The US dollar was traded at 41,009 rials.
6. 12:09 GMT – The main index of the Tehran Stock Exchange reached 89,339 points.
7. 12:10 GMT – Report on repairing and exporting old carpets.
Source: State-owned news channel IRINN, Tehran, in Persian
For transcription and video from the news program please contact us at [email protected]