Azerbaijan, Baku, May.26 / Trend F.Karimov/
Iranian presidential candidate, Saeed Jalili, has said that he wouldn't enter the presidential race if a more hopeful candidate had entered, the Mehr News Agency reported.
Jalili, who is also the secretary of Supreme National Security Council, said he had registered in the presidential campaign due to 'the lack of more hopeful and serious candidates'.
Jalili, who is the main candidate of the principlists front, added that it had been planned to cut the country's dependency on oil revenues by 2010. If the goal had come true, international sanctions on the country's oil sector would have not happened at all.
Previously, Jalili said that his future administration will stick to the revolution's goals and principles in both foreign policy and domestic affairs.
Jalili said that his future administration will adopt an economic resistance model in order to resist Western sanctions imposed on Iran over its nuclear energy program.
Jalili is a conservative and a veteran of the Iran-Iraq war. According to public opinion, he is the main favourite in the election race. Although many say that he has little experience in the field of management, Jalili is known as a person with a strong political will, capable of making serious decisions.
Iran will hold the 11th presidential election on June 14, 2013.
The voters will select the successor of the current President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who is not able to participate in the elections for the third term according to the country's constitutional laws.
The president of Iran is elected for a four-year term in a national election and the Guardian Council vets the candidates for qualifications.