Azerbaijani Communication Ministry Provides More than 400 Families with Telephone Sets
Azerbaijan, Baku, 8 February / Trend corr. S.Babayeva / In January 2008, the Communication and IT Ministry of Azerbaijan provided more than 400 families, with the telephone sets.
The total number of telephone numbers put into commission is 432. The numbers fell on the share of Aztelekom joint venture.
Aztelekom provides Baku and the whole countr,y excluding Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic, with the telephone, as well as the international and longdistance connection. Aztelecom, as an international operator, is the natural monopolist. Together with 54 telecommunication enterprises, the joint venture unites Baku Interurban Telephone Hosts, Technical Host of Cable Backbone and Repair-Construction Department.
Main services rendered by Aztelekom:
- local, long distance and international connection;
- lease of analogue, digital and broadband channels;
- order speaking, code107;
- earlier paid speaking, code 181, 123;
- TOLL FREE code 088 XXXXXXX;
- AZTELEKOM.NET (internet-provider service);
- presentation of lines, allocated from optical network;
- coin-box telephone speaking (local, long-distance and international);
- mobile connection of CDMA standard;
In 2006, Communication Ministry put into commission 132,488 telephone numbers.
According to the state forecasts, the number of telephone sets per each 100 people will increase by 19.8 units to 2011.