Azerbaijan, Baku, Nov. 12 / Trend E. Kosolapova/
Kazakh border guard Vladislav Chelakh, suspected of killing 15 people at the Arkankergen temporary border post refused jury, Novosti-Kazakhstan quoted Chelakh's lawyer Serik Sarsenov as saying.
"Chelakh refused the jury," Sarsenov told reporters.
Earlier, Sarsenov said he was not sure that the jury would be impartial due to negative public opinion against Chelakh.
Some 15 bodies were found at the Arkankergen border post in late May including 14 border guards and a ranger. Border guard Vladislav Chelakh confessed that he killed his colleagues. However, later he refuted this confession and said the border guard had been attacked.
On Monday the first preliminary hearing in the Chelakh's case started in Taldykorgan garrison military court.