Swiss driver Sebastian Buemi is to drive for Toro Rosso this season, the team announced on Friday.
The 20-year-old will take over from Sebastian Vettel, who sensationally become the youngest-ever Grand Prix winner last year when he won in Monaco.
The German has moved to the Red Bull team, dpa reported.
Toro Rosso team principal Franz Tost said that they had been impressed with former GP2 driver Buemi. "Out engineers were impressed with his speed in the car and his ability to learn and to develop."
Buemi said that he had always wanted to drive in Formula One. "It has been my dream."
The second Toro Rosso driver has not yet been announced.