Chronicles of Victory: October 13, 2020
BAKU, Azerbaijan, Oct. 13
The Azerbaijani Army launched a counter-offensive operation, later called the "Iron Fist", on September 27, 2020, in response to the large-scale provocation of the Armenian armed forces along the frontline, Trend reports.
The erupted 44-day Second Karabakh War ended with the liberation of Azerbaijan’s territories from nearly 30-year Armenian occupation.
Trend presents the chronicle of the 17th day of the Second Karabakh war:
- President Ilham Aliyev gave an interview to the Turkish Haber Turk TV channel.
- First Vice President of Azerbaijan Mehriban Aliyeva shared a post on her official Instagram page.
- Armenian armed forces fired on the territories of Azerbaijan’s Goranboy, Tartar, Aghdam, and Aghjabadi districts.
- A large number of Armenian manpower and equipment were destroyed.
- Armenian armed forces fired at the villages of Aghdam district using artillery and missiles.
- From September 27 to October 13, 2020, 42 Azerbaijani civilians were killed as a result of the shelling of settlements by the Armenian armed forces.
- The Defense Ministry has released a video of the liberated settlement of Hadrut.