Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan agree to promote joint investment projects
BAKU, Azerbaijan, Nov.28
By Nargiz Sadikhova – Trend:
Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan signed 10 joint documents, Trend reports with reference to the press office of Kazakhstan’s president.
The signing of a corresponding agreement took place within the framework of state visit of Kazakhstan’s President Kassym Jomart Tokayev to Kyrgyzstan on November 27, 2019.
Tokayev said that within the framework of Fifth meeting of the Supreme Interstate Council of Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan, the advantages of economic relations between the two countries are the common border, established transit and transport infrastructure, as well as partnership within the Eurasian Economic Union.
Thus, during the visit parties signed Joint Declaration of the President of Kazakhstan and the President of Kyrgyzstan, "Comprehensive program of cooperation between Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan for 2020-2022», package of decisions of the Supreme Interstate Council.
Additionally parties signed a number of agreements:
- Agreement between the government of Kazakhstan and the government of Kyrgyzstan on cooperation on migration issues;
- Agreement between the government of Kazakhstan and the government of Kyrgyzstan ‘On joint actions for the construction of a new bridge and reconstruction of the existing bridge between the Karasu (Kazakhstan) and Ak tilek (Kyrgyzstan) checkpoints;
- Agreement on cooperation in combating economic and financial crimes between Kazakhstabn’s Ministry of Finance and the State service for combating economic crimes under the government of Kyrgyzstan (financial police);
- Agreement between the Kazakhstan’s Ministry of Defence and the General staff of the Armed Forces of Kyrgyzstan on the organization of reception, airfield technical support and protection of military aircraft at military airfields of the Armed Forces of Kazakhstan and the Armed Forces of Kyrgyzstan;
- Agreement on cooperation between the Kazakhstan’s Ministry of Health and the Kyrgyzstan’s Ministry of Health in the field of health;
- Memorandum ‘On cooperation and mutual understanding between the Kazakhstan’s Ministry of Trade and Integration and the State Inspectorate for environmental and technical safety under the government of the Kyrgyzstan’;
- Agreement on joint activities to promote and implement investment projects in Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan.
Follow the author on twitter: @nargiz_sadikh