Program summary: Iran IRINN TV economic news, Jan. 24
The following is a numbered list of news on latest economic developments in the Islamic Republic of Iran, as of 12:00 GMT, Jan. 24, on IRINN TV.
1. 12:02 GMT – The Iranian government has decided to increase financial incentives for exports.
2. 12:05 GMT – The Iranian government will issue loans worth 2 trillion tomans ($46.2 million) under low interest rates to 8,000 entrepreneurs in rural areas of five provinces.
3. 12:06 GMT – Report on the prices of poultry.
4. 12:07 GMT – Iranian Industry Minister Mohammad Shariatmadari has said that the country is in a proper situation regarding the reserves of strategic goods.
5. 12:07 GMT – Report on the rate of foreign currencies on the Iranian market. Euro was traded at 56,516 rials on the free market. The official rate of the USD was 36,721 rials and it was traded at 45,404 rials on the free market.
6. 12:08 GMT – Report on the prices of gold on the Iranian market. Gold coin was traded at 15,215000 rials (about $335.1 according to the currency rate on the free market). One gram of the 18-karat gold was priced at 1,453,000 rials (about $32).
7. 12:08 GMT – The main index of the Tehran Stock Exchange reached 99,522 points.
8. 12:09 GMT – Report on the prices of Iran-made cars.
9. 12:10 GMT – Two international exhibitions on real estate and maritime industry were held in Tehran.
10. 12:11 GMT – Iran plans to produce six tons of gold over the current year.
11. 12:12 GMT- Report on economic situation in Japan.
Source: State-owned news channel IRINN, Tehran, in Persian
For transcription and video from the news program please contact us at [email protected]