A suicide car bomb explosion rocked a U.S. military camp in Khost province of southeastern Afghanistan Monday morning, leaving one civilian dead and two others injured, an Afghan official said, Xinhua reported.
"A suicide bomb explosion occurred near Camp Chapman in Khost city, capital of Khost province Monday morning, killing one civilian and injuring two others," said Abdul Qaum Ishqzai, police chief of the province.
He said the attack targeted Afghan government troops.
Afghan Interior Ministry confirmed the suicide car bomb attack in the city, but it said one civilian and two guards were injured, no one was killed in the incident.
A residence, who said on condition of anonymity, told Xinhua via cell phone that he saw a big smoke near the military base located Suiciin southeastern part of Khost city, but he did not mention the casualties.
Meanwhile, Zabihullah Mujahid who claimed to speak for Taliban insurgents told media through mobile phone from undisclosed location that a Taliban fighter blew up his explosion-packed car near the a convoy of NATO troops and caused casualties on forces.
The same military camp was attacked by a suicide bomber on Dec. 31 last year. Seven CIA officials and a Jordanian military officer were killed in the blast, making the incident one of the deadliest attacks on the U.S. spy agency.