BAKU, Azerbaijan, Oct. 20
The Azerbaijani Army launched a counter-offensive operation, later called the "Iron Fist", on September 27, 2020, in response to the large-scale provocation of the Armenian armed forces along the frontline, Trend reports.
The erupted 44-day Second Karabakh War ended with the liberation of Azerbaijan’s territories from nearly 30-year Armenian occupation and the restoration of territorial integrity.
Trend presents the chronicle of the 24-th day of the second Karabakh war:
- President Ilham Aliyev addressed the people of Azerbaijan.
- In his address to the people, President Ilham Aliyev said that the city of Zangilan and 24 villages had been liberated from occupation.
- President Ilham Aliyev renamed the liberated Vang village of Khojavand district to Chinarli.
- First Vice President of Azerbaijan Mehriban Aliyeva shared a publication on her Instagram account about the liberation of the city of Zangilan and a number of villages of Fuzuli, Jabrayil, Khojavand and Zangilan districts.
- The Azerbaijani flag was raised in Zangilan.
- Video footage of the destruction of Armenian armored vehicles had been released. The list of destroyed Armenian military equipment had been announced. A group of mercenaries from the Armenian side refused to fight.
- Armenian Armed Forces shelled the territories of Tartar and Aghdam districts, killing two civilians.
- Video footage of the destruction of a large number of Armenian servicemen and military equipment had been released.
- Armenian anti-aircraft guns were destroyed in the direction of Ganja.
- Video footage of the destruction of units of the Armenian Armed Forces in the direction of Gubadli had been released.