Program summary: Iran IRINN TV economic news, Dec. 11
The following is a numbered list of news on latest economic developments in the Islamic Republic of Iran, as of 12:00 GMT, Dec. 11, on IRINN TV.
1. 12:03 GMT – First Vice-President Es'haq Jahangiri has chaired an administrative meeting on resistance economy in the country.
2. 12:04 GMT – The head of budget and planning organization of Iran, Mohammad Bagher Nobakht, has said that the country’s budget for the next fiscal year (starting March 20) is aimed at dealing with poverty and employment.
3. 12:06 GMT – Transportation minister, Abbas Akhoundi, has said that five provinces will be connected to the country’s rail system over the current year.
4. 12:07 GMT – Report on the rate of foreign currencies in the Iranian market. Central Bank of Iran put the official rate of euro at 49,705 rials. The official rate of US dollar on Monday was 35,499 rials.
5. 12:07 GMT – Report on the prices of gold in Iranian market. Gold coin was traded at 14,147,000 rials (about $337.1 according to the currency rate in free market) on Monday. One gram of the 18-karat gold was priced at 1,285,000 rials (about $30.62).
6. 12:08 GMT – Report on the prices of home-made cars.
7. 12:09 GMT – Report on the performance on Tehran Stock Exchange. TSE main index reached 91552 points.
8. 12:09 GMT- An exhibition on lighting was held in Tehran.
9. 12:10 GMT – An exhibition on construction was held in Tehran.
10. 12:11 GMT – Industry ministry is planning to create over 637,000 jobs over the next year.
Source: State-owned news channel IRINN, Tehran, in Persian
For transcription and video from the news program please contact us at [email protected]