Program summary: Iran IRINN TV economic news, Jan. 28
The following is a numbered list of news on latest economic developments in the Islamic Republic of Iran, as of 12:00 GMT, Jan. 28, on IRINN TV.
1. 12:02 GMT – Iran's Finance and Economic Affairs Minister Masoud Karbasian has said that the government’s plan to hit an economic growth of eight percent over the next fiscal year is achievable.
2. 12:04 GMT – Iranian oil ministry has called on the citizens to save natural gas due to the cold weather.
3. 12:05 GMT – National Iranian Oil Products Distribution Company has taken required measures to supply fuel during the cold weather in the country.
4. 12:06 GMT – About one percent of the Tehran electricity grid experienced power outage due to the heavy snowfall.
5. 12:08 GMT – Report on the rate of foreign currencies on the Iranian market. Euro was traded at 56,223 rials on the free market. The official rate of the USD was 36,860 rials and it was traded at 45,229 rials on the free market.
6. 12:08 GMT – Report on the prices of gold on the Iranian market. Gold coin was traded at 14,815,000 rials (about $327.5 according to the currency rate on the free market). One gram of the 18-karat gold was priced at 1,444,000 rials (about $31.9).
7. 12:08 GMT – Report on publishing Islamic financial tools at the Iranian capital market.
8. 12:09 GMT – The main index of the Tehran Stock Exchange reached 99,415 points.
9. 12:10 GMT – Report on the prices of Iran-made cars.
10. 12:11 GMT – Report on generating power from renewable energy in Sistan and Balouchestan Province.
Source: State-owned news channel IRINN, Tehran, in Persian
For transcription and video from the news program please contact us at [email protected]