Number of gas subscribers’ meters in Azerbaijan exceeds 1.4 million
Azerbaijan, Baku, July 10 / Trend E.Ismayilov /
As of July 1, some 1,418,181 gas subscribers in Azerbaijan were provided with meters, the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan (SOCAR) said on Tuesday.
According to information, from the total number of meters, the subscribers among the population account for 1,400,703 (99.8 percent), while the remaining 17,478 (0.2 percent) fall to subscribers of other categories.
In Baku, the number of subscribers among the population provided with the meters is 630,680, other subscribers - 9,249. The remaining 770,023 meters fall to subscribers among the population in other regions, and 8,229 meter fall to other users.
As of July 1, the number of meters, working on the basis of smart cards, set for the subscribers among the population is around 390,000 units.
Production union of SOCAR is engaged in the issues of transportation and sale of natural gas in Azerbaijan.