BAKU, Azerbaijan, Feb. 24
Iran`s Minister of Roads and Urban Development Mohammad Eslami said has announced that the second phase of Chabahar port development will increase the port capacity to 30 million tons will be begun till June, Trend reports citing Fars News Agency.
“The contractor of the second phase of Chabahar port development will be Khatam al-Anbiya Construction Headquarter,” Eslami said.
"Within the framework of the joint agreements with neighboring countries and India, we received requests for the participation of various countries, especially Central Asian countries, in the port of Chabahar,” he said.
The minister added that a daily shipping line between India and Chabahar Port has been established.
He went on to say that the Indians have begun fulfilling their obligations related to the Chabahar Port.
Regarding the provision of equipment for Chabahar port by the Indian operator, Eslami said that financing and providing the equipment by the Indian side, had been stopped for a long time, "but with the arrival of the first series of equipment, the Indians began to fulfill their obligations.”
Eslami noted the latest status of the temporary (2-year) contract with the Indians in the port of Chabahar, which was supposed to lead to a 10-year contract.
"Certain steps here must be taken," he said.