Madonna dismisses reports of marriage trouble with Guy Ritchie
( dpa ) - US pop queen Madonna dismissed reports Monday that her marriage with British film director Guy Ritchie was in trouble.
"I am delighted to confirm that Mr and Mrs Guy Ritchie remain happily married," the star's US spokeswomen Liz Rosenberg said, according to Britain's Press Association Monday.
It added that reports had suggested that the 49-year-old singer and Ritchie, 39, were to split and that the pair, who have not been photographed together for weeks, were said to be leading separate lives.
Madonna was reportedly planning to take her children, Lourdes, Rocco and David Banda, a two-year-old Malawi boy the couple adopted last year, to the US, while Ritchie would stay in London.
Rocco, 7, is the son of Ritchie and Madonna, while Lourdes, 11, is from Madonna's relationship with former Cuban fitness trainer Carlos Leon.
"Though they were in different countries recently - Madonna in the US doing promotion for her upcoming album Hard Candy and Guy finishing up post-production on his new film RocknRolla as well as completing a Nike commercial and working on several scripts in England - the family are joyfully back together at home in London," said Rosenberg.
"All is well and wonderful in the Ritchie household."
Speculation about the state of the marriage intensified last week when Ritchie failed to appear at Madonna's induction into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame in the US.
It was also reported that Ritchie furnished a wing of the couple's London home for his private use.
The pair married at a high-profile celebrity ceremony in the Scottish Highlands in 2000.