The death toll in the blast of a fireworks factory nearby the Philippine capital of Manila last week has risen to 11, the police said on Monday.
The explosion took place at a Star Maker Fireworks factory last Thursday in Cavite Province, some 30 kilometers southwest of Manila. More than three dozens of people were injured in the powerful blast that brought down a row of houses and factory facilities, Xinhua reported.
In a latest report, regional police chief Perfecto Palad also said that 116 families, or 444 persons, were displaced by the blast and the fire triggered by the blast.
The local government is now extending food, clothing and financial assistance to the people affected.
The police is still investigating the explosion.