European Commission Selects Consultant to Support Institutional Development of Azerbaijanїs Ministry of Economic Development
Azerbaijan, Baku, 25 September/ Trend , corr I. Khalilova/ The European Commission has selected consultant for the institutional development of the Ministry of Economic Development of Azerbaijan, said Rufat Mammadov, executive director of coordinating bureau of technical assistance program of the European Union (Tacis) on Azerbaijan. The name of the consortium will be announced after the contract is signed which is fixed for early October.
The short list includes eight consortiums:
1. SOFRECO (FR)
2. GFA CONSULTING GROUP (DE) - S.I.C.I DOMINUS (ES), PMI GROUP (IE)
3. GDSI LTD (IE) - ECORYS (NL)
4. INCOM (GR) - DMI (FR), EUROPEAN PRO. (GR), INFORMEST (IT).
5. GTZ GMBH (DE) - IKADA (TU), BIIR GROUP (AZ)
6. HELM ( UK) - EURECNA (IT), OPM ( UK)
7. EUROCONSULTANTS (GR) - IDI (IE), EOMMEX (GR)
8. POHL CONSULT ASSOCIATES GMBH (DE) - TDI (IE), SOGETI (LU), and FCG (FI).
Technical assistance will be rendered in the sphere of development of potential, management of human resources and regional development. The consultant services will be offered for two years. The project costs ї3mln.
This project is part of the national action plan of Tacis on Azerbaijan for 2006 financial year approved by the European Commission on 15 June 2006, but financial memorandum with this regard with the Azerbaijani government was signed last year.
The plan also includes development of twining program (ї6.5mln), program of support for development of investments and export (worth ї3mln) and support for the realization of the agreement on partnership and cooperation between EC and Azerbaijan worth ї3mln.
The correspondent can be contacted at - [email protected]