Iranian minister: Iran Khodro will manufacture Peugeot 206 car
Azerbaijan, Baku, Oct. 15 / Trend A.Yusifzade /
The Iran Khodro Azerbaijan carmaker's unit in the East Azerbaijan province will launch manufacture of Peugeot 206 car in February 2011, Iranian Industry Minister Ali Akbar Mehrabian was quoted as saying by the Fars news agency.
The process of creating the infrastructure to run the production of Peugeot 206 car line is ahead of schedule and the work is close to completion on 15 hectares of the territory. Another 35 hectares is under development.
Mehrabian said "60 percent of Iran Khodro Azerbaijan is owned by the private sector, while the remaining 40 percent - the state. Iran Khodro Azerbaijan will be capable of producing 200,000 cars a year, he said.
Do you have any feedback? Contact our journalist at: email@example.com