Petrol consumption continues increasing in Azerbaijan
Baku, Azerbaijan, Aug. 14
By Emil Ismayilov - Trend:
Some 1.71 million tons of oil products were delivered to the domestic market of Azerbaijan in the first half of 2014, which is 2.7 percent more than in January-June 2013, according to the report of the State Statistics Committee for the first seven months of 2014.
The supply of aviation fuel and kerosene (by 5.4 times) and petrol (by 5.8 percent) on the domestic market increased in January-June. Supplying other types of oil products decreased, according to the report.
Thus, 191,500 tons of aviation fuel and kerosene were supplied to the domestic market in the first half of 2014 compared to 35,300 tons in January-June 2013. The volume of petrol consumption amounted to 681,800 tons in Azerbaijan in January-June compared to 644,200 tons.
Some 5.2 million tons of petroleum products were supplied to the Azerbaijani domestic market in 2013 compared to 4.8 million tons in 2012.
Some 6.8 million tons of Azerbaijani oil products were supplied to consumers (including export supplies) in 2013, which is 3.9 percent more than in 2012. Some 77.5 percent of the total volume of petroleum products delivered to customers, were sold on the domestic market, while the remaining 22.5 percent - delivered for export.