Tashkent, Uzbekistan, Aug.12
By Demir Azizov- Trend:
A large fire occurred in the wholesale china market "Chinnie Bazaar" in Tashkent in the early morning hours of Aug. 12 that resulted in fire damage to a number of shops.
The fire was caused by a short circuit of faulty wiring, according to the Interior Ministry.
The fire hazards have been eliminated thanks to the fire safety officers who arrived in time according to the ministry. More than 20 shops have completely burnt down and more than hundred outlets were severely damaged. The amount of material damage is still to be determined.
While wholesale markets do not work on Mondays, few people on the scene managed to escape. China market was popular both among Tashkent residents, and among the inhabitants of the region. Utensils and small appliances at wholesale prices, much lower than in the stores could be bought in the market.
The fire in china market in not the first of such incidents in the wholesale markets of Tashkent. A few years earlier, large fires occurred in the wholesale construction market, at the "Hippodrome", Askia-market clothing markets, and at the "Katartal" wholesale food market.
In total, some 2,050 fire have occurred in Uzbekistan in January-June, of which the majority accounts for the housing sector. Some 33 people have died and 13 people were injured as a result of fires during this period.
Edited by CN
Follow us on Twitter @TRENDNewsAgency