British Airways A380 now flies to the ‘City by the Bay’
Baku, Azerbaijan, Apr. 20
It's California dreaming all the way to San Francisco thanks to British Airways' new A380 that has started flying to the popular US city in the last few weeks.
The 'City by the Bay' is the second destination in California after Los Angeles - and the third US destination following the launch to Washington DC in October 2014 - to welcome the British Airways superjumbo. British Airways' flagship luxurious double-decker offering stylish seating for 469 customers, now operates five services a week during the summer months from Terminal 5, its home at London Heathrow.
Later this year, Miami in Florida will also be receiving an A380 taking the total to eight routes that British Airways services with an A380 (Los Angeles, Hong Kong, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Singapore, Washington, San Francisco and Miami).
Paolo De Renzis, British Airways' Area Commercial Manager for the Middle East & Central Asia said: "San Francisco is a firm favourite with our customers so we couldn't be happier that they are now able to fly there on one of the newest and most advanced aircraft in our fleet.
They'll be able to enjoy a taste of luxury and relax all the way to the west coast in comfort and style and be able to choose from more than 130 movies and 650 TV shows from our latest in-flight entertainment system, as well as enjoy the very best of height-cuisine."
Flying over the Atlantic doesn't mean looking out over a plain stretch of water, as this route offers some of the most magnificent sights of the planet. "Customers can enjoy seeing the Northern Lights on a night flight between San Francisco and London. It is just superb and an experience really worth staying awake for on a trans-Atlantic flight," remarks Steve Allright, Captain at British Airways.
Customers flying to San Francisco on board the A380 can choose from 14 stunning First suites on the main deck and 97 Club World seats split between the main and upper deck, which features a new 2:3:2 configuration. The popular World Traveller Plus cabin has been increased to 55 seats and this is in addition to 303 seats available in World Traveller.
The double decked aircraft also offers one of the quietest cabins in the sky, with bigger overhead bins, extra storage space, cleaner air, mood lighting and more power sockets for personal electronic equipment.
About British Airways:
- The A380 to San Francisco will fly five days a week from London Heathrow's Terminal 5. With this new A380 service, British Airways now operates a total of 14 flights a week to San Francisco.
- British Airways flies to 188 destinations, 9 destinations in the UK, 97 in Europe and 82 in the rest of the world.
- British Airways offer an extensive range of carefully selected hotels, car hire and experiences in a wide range of worldwide destinations available to book with flights from ba.com/holidays.
- The airline is one of the world's largest international airlines carrying approximately 40 million passengers around the world every year.
- The airline offers a choice of four cabins on the majority of its long-haul services.
- The airline is investing in new aircraft, new cabins, new technology and new routes.
- British Airways operates the majority of flights from Terminal 5, its home at London Heathrow. This terminal is capable of handling 30 million customers a year and is the size of 50 football pitches.
- British Airways is half way through a more than £5bn investment in new aircraft, smarter cabins, elegant lounges and new technologies to make life more comfortable in the air and on the ground.
- British Airways' home Terminal 5 has been recognised as the world's best terminal for the fourth consecutive year in the Skytrax awards.