Baku 2015 European Games - great chance for young competitors to gain more experience (PHOTO)
Baku, Azerbaijan, Apr.24
The Baku 2015 European Games will be held on June 12-28 in Azerbaijan. The country expects a big flow of tourists. One of them will be Charlie Southwell and his wife Hazel, who plan to come to Baku for the games.
Southwell, 27, works in the sphere of marketing in London. He shared some of his thoughts regarding his upcoming visit to Baku.
- Mr Southwell have you ever been to Azerbaijan before?
- I have never been to Azerbaijan, but I would love to visit and see your beautiful country. The mountains look mesmerizing. And your cities are gorgeous, they have so much character. I'd love to see the Flame Towers in Baku and I hear there is also a lot of street art that I'd love to see. I visited Georgia last year and fell in love with the Caucasus region so I would love to visit, judging from the photos I have seen. I also heard the food in Azerbaijan is incredible, I must try some qutab.
-What do you think about the European Games?
-The Baku 2015 games will be a fantastic way for the Western world to see more of the great side of Azerbaijan. People in the UK have head about the upcoming games, but our media and journalists will write more about it as it gets closer to the starting date in June.
- Do you have any friends who want to come see the games as well?
- A few.
- How long do you plan on staying in the country?
- I'm not sure. I haven't booked any flights yet. But if it all goes according to plan, then at least a week.
- How in your opinion the Games in Baku will influence European sports?
- I think European sports will benefit by being more competitive internationally. It's a great chance for young competitors to get more experience too.
- What are your expectations from the upcoming games?
- I hope we will win some medals in cycling and swimming. Cycling is my favorite sport.