Operational Headquarters makes decision to mitigate quarantine regime in Azerbaijan
BAKU, Azerbaijan, Aug. 4
The sanitary and epidemiological situation is being stabilized in Azerbaijan as a result of the tough measures introduced since June 21, 2020, to curb the spread of coronavirus in the country, the Operational Headquarters under the Azerbaijani Cabinet of Ministers told Trend.
The number of infected people has decreased thanks to the preventive measures and citizens' observance of the rules.
A decision was made to mitigate a number of restrictions in the Azerbaijani cities and districts in which the tough quarantine regime is in force and throughout the country in accordance with the current sanitary and epidemiological situation.
The system for obtaining permission for leaving the house via SMS, alongside permits through the "icaze.e-gov.az" website, as well as on the basis of an official certificate or certificate from the place of work will be cancelled from 06:00 (GMT+4) August 5, 2020 in Azerbaijan’s cities and districts in which the special tough quarantine regime has been introduced.
People are allowed to go to the beaches within the rules set by the Azerbaijani Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources, the Ministry of Emergency Situations and the Executive Power of Baku in accordance with the requirements of the quarantine regime in the country.
Taking into account the dynamics of spreading the cases of COVID-19 infection, the special tough quarantine regime will remain in force until 00:00 (GMT+4) August 31, 2020 in Baku, Jalilabad, Ganja, Masalli, Mingachevir, Sumgayit, Yevlakh cities, and Absheron, Barda, Goranboy, Goygol, Khachmaz and Salyan districts.
The following restrictions for operation of public transport remain in force on weekends during the certain periods in 13 cities and districts in which the special tough quarantine regime has been introduced:
- from 00:00 (GMT+4) August 8 through 06:00 (GMT+4) August 10;
- from 00:00 (GMT+4) August 15 through 06:00 (GMT+4) August 17;
- from 00:00 (GMT+4) August 22 through 06:00 (GMT+4) August 24;
- from 00:00 (GMT+4) August 29 through 06:00 (GMT+4) August 31;
The activity of big shopping centers and shopping malls in the country has been terminated except for grocery stores and pharmacies operating there;
On-site customer service in catering facilities has been suspended;
The activity of museums and exhibition halls has been stopped;
The educational process in all educational institutions has been terminated (except for exams, contests, interviews and receiving applications from citizens in connection with the provision with various certificates and documents); and
The process of holding all public events, including cultural and sports events, has been banned.
At the same time, the rules in connection with the permitted spheres of activity and services in accordance with the decree of the Azerbaijani Cabinet of Ministers dated June 19, 2020, remain in force.
The following restrictions will remain in effect till 00:00 (GMT+4) August 31, 2020:
- entry into and exit from the territory of the country by vehicles and planes (excluding charter flights);
- entry to and exit from Azerbaijan’s cities and districts in which the special tough quarantine regime is in force, and passenger transportation by vehicles and planes from other cities and districts of the country (excluding Azerbaijan’s Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic) except for the movement of special vehicles, including ambulances, emergency vehicles, rescue vehicles and vehicles carrying cargo;
- temporary suspension of the process of receiving citizens in the state bodies except for ASAN Service Centers and DOST Service Centers;
- the activity of the companies organizing the events, including birthdays, weddings, engagements and other similar events in this sphere in houses or other places has been prohibited;
- the activity of children's and other entertainment centers, cinemas, catering facilities in big shopping centers and shopping malls has been stopped;
- the activity of entertainment facilities, including children's entertainment facilities (including those located on the territory of boulevards and parks) has been stopped;
- the services in the field of sports, rehabilitation (except for medical services in this sphere) have been terminated;
- the activity of cultural facilities, including cinemas, theaters, gyms has been stopped;
- the process of organizing and holding commemorations in ceremonial halls, tents and other indoor pavilions, except for funerals has been banned;
- the process of holding weddings has been banned;
- the educational process in all educational institutions (except for exams, contests, interviews and receiving applications from citizens in connection with the provision with various certificates and documents) has been terminated;
- groups of more than five people are banned to gather in public places, streets, boulevards, parks and other places;
- the process of holding all public events, including cultural and sports events has been banned;
- smoking hookah in catering facilities has been banned;
- relatives of people undergoing treatment in medical institutions are banned to visit them;
- rendering bath services and massage has been [prohibited.
The Operational Headquarters under the Cabinet of Ministers urges the population to follow the preventive measures to reduce the number of infected people and protect themselves and the health of their relatives, to comply with medical and preventive rules, not to gather in groups consisting of more than five people in public places, maintain social distance and use protective masks.