Secretary of Iran's Supreme National Security Council
Saeed Jalili on Saturday strongly ruled out the statement made by the European Union Foreign Policy Chief Catherine Ashton that the ball is in Iran's court and there was lack of cooperation from Iran, IRNA reported.
He was responding to a reporter at the news conference who cited Ashton's statement about lack of cooperation from Iran.
"Our stand is quite clear based on respecting the legitimate rights of all nations and if they would be ready to continue talks this afternoon, Iran is ready to proceed with talks," Jalili said.
Jalili recalled repetitive reports of the International Atomic Energy Agency which have verified non-diversion of Iranian nuclear program from the civilian path more than 27 times.
"If they come to terms with Iran and rely on common logic, there would be numerous chances and opportunities for cooperation between the two sides," he said.
Jalili also thanked the Turkish Foreign Minister
Ahmet Davutoglu for hosting the talks and said that the Turkish foreign minister made a positive and constructive cooperation with the Islamic Republic of Iran which led to Tehran Declaration last year.
He said that other countries in the context of G5+1 such as China adopted a positive and constructive approach in Istanbul talks.
Iran is ready for continued talks with G5+1 based on its principles, Jalili said.
Earlier in the press conference, EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton claimed that the P5+1 had hoped to have a "detailed and constructive" negotiation, accusing the Iranian side of seeking to set "preconditions on talks relating to enrichment and sanction."
"This is not the conclusion I had hoped for," said Catherine Ashton. She added: "The door remains open. The choice remains in Iran's hands."