MP: Azerbaijan’s dependence on import of nitrogen fertilizers eliminated
Baku, Azerbaijan, January 17
By Elnur Mehdiyev – Trend:
Azerbaijan is no longer dependent on import of nitrogen fertilizers, Trend reports referring to the MP of Azerbaijan Parliament Tahir Mirkishili.
SOCAR Carbamide plant is going to manufacture 650,000 tons of carbamide with $210 million cost of annual production, Trend reports referring to the MP of Azerbaijan Parliament Tahir Mirkishili.
“It is planned that approximately 30 percent of products will fully satisfy domestic demand, while the remaining 70 percent will be exported to the Turkish and global markets under the brand "Made in Azerbaijan,”said the MP.
He underlined that Azerbaijan’s dependence and outflow of funds on import of nitrogen fertilizers will be completely eliminated as a result of domestic production. Thus, the next successful steps have been taken to strengthen the export potential of the non-oil sector of Azerbaijan.
"In accordance with calculations, revenues of $150-160 million are expected to flow into the country as a result of products’ export. Besides, the project is important from a social point of view, having a positive impact on the level of employment in Sumqayit. From 2200 to 3600 people were employed in the construction of the plant and it is planned to provide about 500 people with permanent jobs at this plant," he said.