BAKU, Azerbaijan, November 28. Iran's Power Plant Repairs Company carries out repair work in power plants abroad worth about $27-$40 million per year and exports the needed spare parts for the mentioned power plant, Managing Director of Iran's Power Plant Repairs Company Masoud Moradi said, Trend reports citing Iranian Energy Ministry.
The director stressed that on average, the company carries out repair work worth about $20-$30 million in Iraq and Syria every year. Also, it exports needed equipment for power plants worth about $7-$10 million to the mentioned countries.
“In addition, the company is currently developing a program for the repair of power plants in Venezuela. Thus, the repair power plants with a total generation capacity of 10,000 megawatt-hours will be carried out by Iran’s Power Plant Repairs Company,” Moradi said.
According to him, at present, 95 percent of the equipment in Iran's electrical industry is produced domestically, while the remaining 5 percent of the equipment is imported because it is not economically profitable to produce it within the country.
Follow the author on Twitter:@BaghishovElnur