Program summary: Iran IRINN TV economic news, Feb. 3
The following is a numbered list of news on latest economic developments in the Islamic Republic of Iran, as of 12:00 GMT, Feb. 3, on IRINN TV.
1. 12:02 GMT – Iranian government has inaugurated several industrial projects in the central province of Yazd.
2. 12:05 GMT – The wholesale prices of Iranian rice has dropped by 18 percent.
3. 12:06 GMT – The value of non-oil exports over the past Iranian month to January 20 reached $3.9 billion, indicating an increase of 26 percent month on month.
4. 12:07 GMT – Report on the rate of foreign currencies in the Iranian market. Euro was traded at 57,800 rials in the free market. Official rate of the USD was 36,949 rials and it was traded at 45,697 rials in the free market.
5. 12:08GMT – Report on the prices of gold in the Iranian market. Gold coin was traded at 15,060,000 rials (about $329.5 according to the currency rate in the free market). One gram of the 18-karat gold was priced at 1,466,000 rials (about $32).
6. 12:08 GMT – Main index of the Tehran Stock Exchange (TSE) reached 97,719 points.
7. 12:09 GMT – Report on the prices of Iranian-made cars.
8. 12:10 GMT – The head of Thermal Power Plants Holding Company (TPPH) of Iran, Mohsen Tarztalab, has said that four power plants will be privatized in the near future.
9. 12:11 GMT – An Iranian trader has called for improving the packing of saffron in the country.
10. 12:12 GMT – Report on the activity of a factory in West Azerbaijan Province producing special tractors for rice farms.
Source: State-owned news channel IRINN, Tehran, in Persian
For transcription and video from the news program please contact us at [email protected]