Tehran, Iran, May 31
By Mehdi Sepahvand - Trend:
Iran says it will pursue the ongoing nuclear talks full-time until the June 30 deadline for reaching a deal with the group P5+1 (the US, UK, France, Russia, China, and Germany).
A few weeks to the deadline, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said that he and his team who are in Geneva holding talks with the six powers will try to find out a way to an agreement, ISNA news agency reported May 31.
The existing differences are both political and technical, he said.
"It seems that the duty of the negotiators is to try to use the ways we reached in Lausanne without any excessive demands or introducing side issues, so that we will finish drafting the text," Zarif said.
Concerning Western requests for the IAEA to inspect Iran's military sites, the foreign minister said that the Iranian team has offered new options which the Iranian supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei had previously emphasized.
"It was agreed that other approaches to the issue be investigated," he said.
The Western powers have requested that Iran provide access to its military sites as well as interviews with its nuclear scientists and security officials. Iran says it does not agree with those terms.