Iran: Electrical short-circuit might have caused Plasco fire
Baku, Azerbaijan, Jan. 27
By Emil Ilgar – Trend:
An electrical short-circuit was initially announced as the reason of the Plasco building fire in Tehran, Iran’s Interior Minister Abdolreza Rahmani Fazli said Jan. 27, Tasnim reported.
The fire engulfed the 17-story Plasco building, which housed a big shopping center, on Jan. 19. The high-rise collapsed as the fire-fighters were trying to extinguish the blaze.
Rahmani Fazli also said experts are still holding investigations to find out the final reason of the fire.
Iran announced on Jan. 27 that 16 fire-fighters were killed in the incident. The damage to the Plasco building is estimated at about $500 million, Ali Fazeli, head of Iran Chamber of Guilds, previously told IRNA.