Turkenistan, Ashgabat, July 19 / Trend H.Hasanov /
Turkmen President Gurbangulu Berdimuhamedov criticized the Turkmenkhimiya state concern, which is tasked with organizing the management of mineral fertilizer and chemical enterprises, producers and distributors. He issued a decree discharing Magtim Mollagilijov from the post of Turkmenkhimiya deputy head for "serious shortcomings" in his work.
Turkmenkhimiya head Miratgeldi Kurayev was also reprimanded for his poor performance, as well as losing control over subordinate institutions and enterprises.
Turkmenkhimiya comprises nine production plants, the Dokunhimiya fertilize-distribution enterprise, and the Chemistry Industrial Research Institute.
The enterprises produce:
- Ammonia, ammonium nitrate, nitric acid, and urea (Mariazot PU and Tedzhenkarbamid Plant);
- Sulfuric acid, super phosphate, ammonium, and azo phosphate (Turkmenabat chemical plant);
- Iodine (Balkanabat and Bereket iodine plants and Khazar chemical factory) potassium iodide, potassium iodate, bromine iron, iodoform, and carbon technology, and bleach (Khazar chemical plant);
- Sodium sulfate, magnesium sulfate (epsomite), magnesium chloride (bischofite), and Glauber's salt (Garabogazsulfat PO);
- Sodium chloride food salt, and salt for industrial use (Guvliduz plant);
- Sulfur ground, calcium carbide, medical and building gypsum, caustic dolomite, concentrate, and construction materials (Turkmenmineral PU).
The government has noted the following priority tasks for developing the chemical industry:
- Introducing technologies for processing mineral resources in the Karluksk region, and building plant to produce potash fertilizer at the Lebap Field;
- Introducing new production facilities for processing natural gas, and urea (nitrogen fertilizer) in the Mary, Lebap and Balkan provinces;
- Introducing rational methods of processing iodobromine water.
Do you have any feedback? Contact our journalist at: firstname.lastname@example.org