Transit via Iranian soil up 6%

Business Materials 31 May 2015 19:13 (UTC +04:00)

Tehran, Iran, May 31

By Mehdi Sepahvand - Trend:

Iran says that transit via its soil has recently increased.

Director General of the Transit and Border Terminals of Iran's Road Maintenance and Transport Organization Mohammad Javad Atrchian said that in the first two months of the current Iranian fiscal year (which started March 21), transit via the Iranian soil reached 2.2 million metric tons.

The number shows a rise of 6.1 percent compared to the same period of the preceding year, he said, IRIB news agency reported May 31.

He added that the highest volume incoming goods were imported via Imam Khomeini Port, Bandar Abbas, Bashmaq border checkpoint, and Bazargan border checkpoint.

Most of the exported goods were released through Bazargan, Lotfabad, Sarakhs, and Douqaroon checkpoints, Atrchian stated.

He added that 60 percent of the trucks carrying the loads were Iranian and the other 40 percent were foreign trucks.

Iran has exported over $7.7 billion worth of none-oil goods (including condensates) from the beginning of the current Iranian fiscal year.

The figure indicates a fall by seven percent compared to the same period of the preceding year.

Iran's overall non-oil trade turnover including condensates stood at $102.22 billion during the period.

Follow the author on Twitter: @mehdisepahvand