PwC global revenues up 7% to $42.4B
Baku, Azerbaijan, Oct. 18
For the 12 months ending 30 June 2019, PwC firms around the world had gross revenues of $42.4 billion – up 7% in local currency and 4% in US dollars. Revenues grew across all lines of business and major markets, boosted by the power of the PwC brand and continued significant investments in quality, technology and people.
- Focus on our purpose drives good revenue growth in all major markets and areas of business
- 25,000 new jobs created, increasing the workforce to 276,000
- $3bn investment in upskilling PwC people, and developing and sharing technologies to support clients and communities
- Commitment to tackle the skills gap and reach millions of people by working with governments, businesses and NGOs
- Progress on audit quality with continued investment to improve quality in all businesses
- Major investment in technology - on track to be one of the most cloud-enabled organisations in the world
Across the world in FY19, PwC’s headcount grew 10% to 276,005 people and our global presence remains strong with 1,008 offices in 742 locations across 157 countries. In FY19, 69,734 people joined PwC firms – including 38,053 graduates and school leavers and 26,749 experienced professionals. PwC firms around the world admitted 760 new partners on 1 July 2019. While there is still much to do to achieve gender parity in our partner numbers, the representation of female partners has increased from 13% in 2006 to 21% today.
“It’s become increasingly apparent that one of the world’s most pressing challenges – and one faced by businesses in Azerbaijan – is the growing mismatch between the skills people have and those needed for the digital world. There is an urgent need for organisations, governments and educators to come together to fix this growing problem and business has an important role to play. Over the next four years, we are globally committing $3bn in upskilling – primarily in training our people but also in developing and sharing technologies to support clients and communities. We in Azerbaijan are a part of this initiative”- The country Managing Partner of PwC Azerbaijan, Movlan Pashayev, commented on his statement.
About PwC: At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with over 276,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, advisory and tax services. Find out more and tell us what matters to you by visiting us at www.pwc.com.
PwC refers to the PwC network and/or one or more of its member firms, each of which is a separate legal entity. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details.