Azerbaijan's oil production increase by 13.5 percent in 2009
Azerbaijan, Baku, Jan. 19 / Trend /
In 2009, Azerbaijan produced approximately 50.4 million tons of crude oil and condensate, which is higher by 13.5 percent compared to the index in 2008, the Azerbaijani State Statistics Committee reported.
In 2009, the bulk of oil production fell to the Azerbaijan International Operating Company (AIOC), which produced 41.9 million tons of crude oil and condensate from the Azeri-Chirag-Guneshli (ACG) offshore block and the Shah Deniz gas condensate field. This index is more by 16.8 percent compared to the index in 2008.
Azerbaijan's gas production amounted to about 23.6 billion cubic meters in 2009. This index is higher by 0.8 percent compared to 2008. About 10.1 billion cubic meters of gas fell to the ACG field (associated gas) and the Shah Deniz field and this figure is more by 9 percent compared to 2008.
In 2009, Azerbaijan produced approximately 17.8 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity, which is lower by 12.8 percent compared to 2008. About 87.5 percent of electricity produced in the last year, fell to the thermal power plants and the remaining 12.5 percent - to hydropower plant.