Azerbaijani Specialists Studying Romania’s Experience in Electronic Government
Azerbaijan, Baku / corr Trend S.Babayeva / Azerbaijani specialists have been dispatched to Romania to observe and gain experience from an Electronic Government.
The Azerbaijani Ministry of Communications and Information Technologies informed that along with the specialists from the Communications Ministry, the delegation also includes employees from the Ministries of Justice, Education, Taxes and the Institute of Information Technology of the National Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan.
Organized by the World Bank the visit will last a week.
The Electronic Government stipulates:
- the organization of state government on the basis of electronic processing means, dissemination and delivery of information, offering of services by state bodies of all branches to all categories of citizens (pensioners, employees, businessmen, state employees, etc) through electronic means, informing the citizens about the work done by the state bodies;
- information technology within the state government;
- idea of an electronic business transformed for governmental and state organizations, for the government to act as a corporative user of information technology;
- automated state service, which mainly provides the easy access of citizens to all necessary state information, collection of taxes, registration of transport means and patents, issue of necessary information, conclusion of agreement and registration of equipment and necessary supplies for the state administration. However this may lead to a cut in expenses and saving of taxpayers funds for the maintenance and financing of the activities of the state administration, an increase of openness and transparency of activities of the state government;
- use of new, including internet technology, within the state government.