Migration law comes into force in Turkmenistan
Turkmenistan, Ashgabat, April 13 / Trend H. Hasanov /
The new migration law in Turkmenistan establishes the procedure for entry and stay in its territory and exit of citizens of Turkmenistan, foreign citizens and stateless persons, establishes the legal relations in the sphere of migration processes and competence of government to regulate these processes.
In particular, one of the articles of the law cites grounds for denial of visa:
A. Grounds for refusal to grant visas to foreign citizens or stateless person may be:
1) committing of crimes against peace and humanity;
2) his conviction for committing a grave or especially grave crime;
3) criminal case against him - until the end of the preliminary investigation, inquiry or proceedings;
4) cases in which his residence in the territory of Turkmenistan is contrary to the interests of national security, may disrupt public order or cause moral damage to the population of the country;
5) if it is necessary to protect the rights and lawful interests of citizens of Turkmenistan and others;
6) if he is infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), venereal disease, suffers from addiction or any other disease included by the Ministry of Health and Medical Industry of Turkmenistan in the list of diseases that are harmful to the health of the population of Turkmenistan;
7) if he gave false information to obtain a visa;
8) if earlier he was restricted entry to Turkmenistan - before the end of restrictions;
9) if he had been administratively expelled from Turkmenistan - before the expiration of the administrative expulsion;
10) in the case of his unlawful presence in Turkmenistan or assistance to another foreign citizen, stateless person in the illegal entry into the territory of Turkmenistan;
11) if he is a member of the terrorist, anti-government, extremist or other criminal organizations or person involved in them.
2. The decision on visa denial is reported to the applicant within three working days from the date of the decision.
There are also grounds for temporary restrictions for the citizens of Turkmenistan on leaving country
A. Temporary restrictions for Turkmen citizen on leaving the country may be introduced in the following cases:
1) he is aware of information constituting a state secret - until the expiration of the period established by the legislation of Turkmenistan;
2) a criminal case is brought against him - until the end of the proceedings;
3) he is convicted of a crime - until the expiration of sentence or prior to release from punishment;
4) he refuses to perform the obligations imposed on him by a court - until the fulfillment of obligations;
5) he was convicted by a court sentence for committing a serious crime or found the person who committed a premeditated crime of a particularly dangerous recidivist, or is under the administrative supervision of the police - until a redemption or release from supervision;
6) lawsuit filed against him in court - until the end of the case;
7) he is subject to conscription for military service - up to military service or prior to the release of it, except as departure for, permanent residence outside of Turkmenistan;
8) If there is concern that a citizen of Turkmenistan in the period of stay abroad can be a victim of trafficking or fall into slavery;
9) if earlier during the stay abroad, he violated the law of the host country;
10) if the departure is contrary to the interests of National Security of Turkmenistan.
2. In the case of emergency in a foreign state, making it impossible to ensure the safety of citizens of Turkmenistan, the Turkmen government makes a decision on the temporary restriction on travel to this State.