Man pulled alive from China quake rubble
A survivor was pulled alive from the rubble of China's earthquake 266 hours after the big tremor hit, state television reported on Sunday.
Xiao Zhihu, an 80-year-old partially paralysed man, was rescued in Mianzhu city on Friday. He had been trapped under a collapsed pillar of his house, and survived after being fed by his wife, the television report said.
The official death toll from the worst natural disaster to hit China in three decades stands at more than 60,000, but Premier Wen Jiabao has said the final figure could climb above 80,000, with nearly 30,000 people still missing, Reuters reported.