Azerbaijani State Commission’s decision on 3G must be done without question
Azerbaijan, Baku, Nov. 13 / Trend , H.Valiyev /
The Azerbaijani State Radio Frequencies Commission's decision on the allocation of frequency resources for Azerbaijan's mobile operators (Azercell and Bakcell) to deploy the 3G standard services must be met without question, Head of NGO "Azerbaijan Internet Forum" (ELISA) Osman Gunduz told Trend.
The point is about the provision of frequencies ranging from 1,900 megahertz to 2,100 megahertz to the operators.
He said the frequency resource is public property. The Azerbaijani Communications and IT Ministry issued these companies license to provide services at these frequencies, and they (the frequencies) shall be made available to them after the State Commission's decision.
Azerbaijani Communications and IT Ministry issued a license to provide 3G services to mobile operators Azercell and Bakcell on following the ministry board meeting in early November.
Previously, the Ministry considered the possibility of using radio spectrum, currently used for cable TV.
On Aug. 27, B&BTV was ordered to withdraw from the frequencies within two months. The deadline was over on October 27, but the company has not freed them so far.
B&BTV Communications, a cable television operator, appealed to the administrative economic court #1 of Baku on the occasion of decision by the State Radio Frequencies Commission.
Azercell leadership assesses this situation as the obstacles artificially created by B & BTV.
Results of the scan, which was conducted within the framework of test launch 3G by Azercell, showed that the frequency spectrum, which is operated by B & BTV, is not used.
But, B & B TV claims the contrary, noting that the frequency spectrum (2100 MHz) is used by the company and will be used before the expiration of a valid license. B & BTV license issued in 2007 for a period of six years.