Azerbaijan Marketing Society and the Economic Development Ministry of the Country has held a presentation The Report on Global Competition of the World Economic Forum for 2006-2007 today, Trend reports.
Rahim Husseynov, the Chairman of the Board of Azerbaijan Marketing Society, marked the importance of this process in appraising the development of Azerbaijan economy.
Shahin Sadikhov, the Director of a Department of the Economic Development Ministry, said that the adoption of a new bill for the development of entrepreneurship in the country was expected to be commenced in Azerbaijan in the near future.
Fuad Aliyev, the Executive Director of Azerbaijan Marketing Society, familiarized the participants with the index of global competition. Azerbaijan took the 64th place in the World and the third place among CIS countries on the following criteria:
- on the sub index of major requirements вЂ" 56th - in the World and the second - among CIS countries,
- on development of infrastructure вЂ" the first place among CIS countries and 56th in the World,
- on development of macro economy вЂ" the second among CIS countries and 17th in the World,
- on development of health care and protection and primary education вЂ" 9th among CIS countries and 96th вЂ" in the World,
- on parameters of increase in efficiency of economy - 4th among CIS countries and 78th in the World,
- on development of higher education and education as a whole - 8th among CIS countries and 82nd in the World,
- on development of market efficiency- 4th among CIS countries and 81st in the World,
- technological readiness вЂ" the third among CIS countries and 76th in the World,
- innovation factors вЂ" the first among CIS countries and 70th in the World,
- the quality of administering business вЂ" the first in CIS and 70th in the World.
Azerbaijan took the second place among CIS countries and 77th in the World, business atmosphere вЂ" the third among CIS countries and 78th place in the World, quality of works and strategy of company вЂ" the first in CIS and 66th in the World.