Salt complex launch rescheduled in Kazakhstan
Baku, Azerbaijan, July 5
By Nargiz Sadikhova - Trend:
The launch of the project on extraction, processing and enrichment of salt in Kazakhstan’s Kyzylorda region has been moved until further notice, Trend reports with reference to LS news agency.
Originally, the launch was to be held this year, but the decision was made to change the date. “The negotiations with potential investors are currently underway,” the report said.
The construction within the project consists of two stages. The capacity of the complex will increase to 100,000 tons of salt a year following the first stage and to 300,000 tons of salt a year following the second stage of the project.
The work on the construction of engineering infrastructure is nearing the end. The cost of the complex amounts to 2.9 billion tenge.
Following the switch to full capacity of the project, some 20 percent of the manufactured product will be sold on the local market of Kazakhstan, whereas the rest 80 percent will be exported to countries of CIS and Central Asia.
(1 USD = 383.96 KTZ on July 5)
Follow the author on twitter: @nargiz_sadikh